Thursday 14 February 2013

Mixed Emotions...

Well it's girlie's 3rd birthday today! I was so looking forward to this before diagnosis. Now it's here, I feel teary and emotional. It's hard knowing that she may have had her last "normal" birthday. We had another joint flare up yesterday, so we are now on four joints that are affected. Right ankle and knee, left wrist and a finger on her right hand.

Got hold of the consultant finally too. Her appointment is the 19th March. So another month before we know where we are going and how best to treat her condition. I understand that there are other children with it too, but seriously, over a month before she sees her consultant is a little extreme. Especially as she is on high doses of NSAIDS to try and reduce the amount of inflammation. As the new joint has flared, she's now on DOUBLE the recommended dose! And they expect me to keep her on that for a month?

 I don't know, I just feel so helpless as I don't know what to do to make this better. As a parent, that is what I am supposed to do. But it's now been taken out of my hands and I can't do a great deal about it. This is going to be a very drawn out process and the idea that it could get worse is scary!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl, Mummy loves you no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment