Thursday 4 April 2013

Eye Test...

Well it's the dreaded eye test tomorrow. Not looking forward to it at all :(

Second day of steroids today and it's knocked Imogen for six. My poor baby girl looks so drained. Big dark circles under her eyes, pale, grumpy and just not her usual self. I hate seeing her like this, but I know it's the best thing for her. The saying "you've gotta be cruel to be kind" is keeping me sane.

We have noticed some improvement already though which makes me feel a little better. Swelling has gone down a bit and also the joints are not so hot to touch. She was moving a lot easier today too.

Last dose tomorrow after her eye test, then she has four days of oral prednisone. We see the Dr next Tuesday and if they are happy with the improvements, we should get an idea of when we start Methotrexate.

It's been an emotionally draining week for us all. We have been in one hospital or another every day this week. I can't wait to get tomorrow out of the way and then have the weekend off. We definitely need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment