Saturday 6 April 2013

Yay!!

Imogen finished her last dose of IV steroids yesterday! She also had her eye test which shows no signs of Uveitis!!

She is now on 4 days of oral steroids which finish on Tuesday. We go back up to the hospital Tuesday morning to see the Paediatric Registrar, who will give us the next lot of steroids and hopefully a date for her first Methotrexate injection. She is going to be on the steroids for two months as the Methotrexate will take about that time to work.

Injections once a week are going to be tough, but I'm debating learning to do them myself as I think it will be less stressful for Imogen if it can just be done at home by me. As much as I hate the idea, I'd rather make the whole thing as stress free for Imogen as possible.

Anyway, we have noticed a definite improvement in Imogen herself after being on the IV. The swelling has definitely gone down, it's not completely gone, but it's so much better than it was. She is moving so much better as well. Although we are certainly getting some mood swings, she is a lot happier and we're not having so much crying and just general upset.

It's almost like I have my little girl back :)

I am so proud of the way she is just getting on with it all. She's dealing so much better than I would!!


X

No comments:

Post a Comment